Resident workers - Hours worked
58.2% of the resident workers in Paroo Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Paroo Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Paroo Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||58||8.1||11.0||63||7.6||10.4||-5||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||45||6.3||9.4||38||4.6||8.8||+7||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||62||8.7||12.0||73||8.8||10.8||-11||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||89||12.5||19.2||81||9.7||18.1||+8||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||48||6.7||9.4||74||8.9||10.5||-26||22007|
|49 hours or more||246||34.5||16.6||286||34.3||18.4||-40||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Paroo Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 27.6% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 70.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Paroo Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (34.5% compared to 16.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (12.5% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (8.7% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (6.3% compared to 9.4%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Paroo Shire decreased by 80 people (13.7%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Paroo Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-40 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-26 people)
- Not stated (-24 people)
- 40 hours (-22 people)