Resident workers - Hours worked
58.2% of the resident workers in Paroo Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 29.9% in Education and Training.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Paroo Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Paroo Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Education and Training%||Number||%||Education and Training%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||58||8.1||13.0||63||7.6||16.7||-5||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||45||6.3||11.7||38||4.6||16.7||+7||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||62||8.7||20.8||73||8.8||26.4||-11||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||89||12.5||11.7||81||9.7||13.9||+8||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||48||6.7||0.0||74||8.9||5.6||-26||22007|
|49 hours or more||246||34.5||16.9||286||34.3||11.1||-40||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Paroo Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to Education and Training shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 27.6% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 70.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 51.9% and 41.6% respectively for Education and Training.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Paroo Shire and Education and Training were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (34.5% compared to 16.9%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (6.7% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (8.7% compared to 20.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (6.3% compared to 11.7%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Paroo Shire decreased by 80 people (13.7%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Paroo Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-40 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-26 people)
- Not stated (-24 people)
- 40 hours (-22 people)