Resident workers - Hours worked
60.5% of the resident workers in Quilpie Shire work 40 or more hours, compared to 29.7% in Education and Training.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Quilpie Shire's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Quilpie Shire depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Education and Training%||Number||%||Education and Training%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||30||6.4||16.2||35||6.5||9.4||-5||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||17||3.6||0.0||28||5.2||9.4||-11||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||38||8.2||29.7||38||7.0||25.0||0||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||63||13.5||8.1||58||10.7||31.3||+5||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||28||6.0||0.0||34||6.3||0.0||-6||22007|
|49 hours or more||179||38.4||10.8||224||41.4||25.0||-45||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Quilpie Shire's resident workers in 2016 compared to Education and Training shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 23.0% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 74.0% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 62.2% and 37.8% respectively for Education and Training.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Quilpie Shire and Education and Training were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (38.4% compared to 10.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (8.2% compared to 29.7%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked None (4.7% compared to 16.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (6.4% compared to 16.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Quilpie Shire decreased by 54 people (13.5%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Quilpie Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-45 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-11 people)
- 40 hours (-8 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-6 people)