Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the Bulloo Shire's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||32||14.3||14.3||43||17.3||14.9||-11|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||7||3.1||11.3||12||4.8||10.0||-5|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||29||13.0||13.6||26||10.5||14.7||+3|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||25||11.2||6.9||33||13.3||7.3||-8|
|Inadequately described or not stated||10||4.5||1.6||3||1.2||1.8||+7|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the Bulloo Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (64 people or 28.7%)
- Labourers (36 people or 16.1%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (32 people or 14.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 132 people in total or 59.2% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Queensland employed 12.1% in Managers; 10.5% in Labourers and 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the Bulloo Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (28.7% compared to 12.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (4.9% compared to 19.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (3.1% compared to 11.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (4.0% compared to 9.7%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the Bulloo Shire decreased by 25 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Bulloo Shire were those employed as:
- Labourers (-14 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-11 persons)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-8 persons)
- Inadequately described or not stated (+7 persons)