RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more female resident workers clerical and administrative workers in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA Darling Downs and South West Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - Females||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||2,629||4.8||4.5||2,556||4.8||4.5||+73||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||9,157||16.6||16.7||8,139||15.2||14.9||+1,018||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||11,901||21.6||22.2||12,105||22.7||24.7||-204||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||667||1.2||1.4||679||1.3||1.5||-12||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||602||1.1||1.3||752||1.4||1.6||-150||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the female resident workers in RDA Darling Downs and South West Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (11,901 people or 21.6%)
- Professionals (11,654 people or 21.2%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (9,157 people or 16.6%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 32,712 people in total or 59.5% of the female resident workers .
In comparison, Queensland employed 22.2% in Clerical and Administrative Workers; 23.7% in Professionals; and 16.7% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the female resident workers of the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Labourers (10.5% compared to 8.0%)
- A larger percentage of female resident workers employed as Managers (11.4% compared to 9.6%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Professionals (21.2% compared to 23.7%)
- A smaller percentage of female resident workers employed as Sales Workers (11.5% compared to 12.6%)
The number of people in the female resident workers ] in RDA Darling Downs and South West Region increased by 1,617 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the female resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region were for those employed as:
- Professionals (+1,179 females)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,018 females)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-204 females)
- Labourers (-189 females)