Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (Other Services) technicians and trades workers in Paroo Shire than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA Darling Downs and South West Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||15||100.0||44.5||10||43.5||47.4||+5||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||--||15.2||4||17.4||12.4||--||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||--||--||10.9||3||13.0||11.9||--||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||--||--||1.6||--||--||1.9||--||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||--||0.7||--||--||0.8||--||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) in Paroo Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (15 people or 100.0%)
- Managers ( people or %)
- Professionals ( people or %)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 15 people in total or 100.0% of the resident workers (Other Services).
In comparison, Queensland employed 44.5% in Technicians and Trades Workers; 7.9% in Managers; and 8.1% in Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (Other Services) of Paroo Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (100.0% compared to 44.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (0.0% compared to 15.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (0.0% compared to 10.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (Other Services) employed as Labourers (0.0% compared to 8.9%)
The number of people in the resident workers (Other Services)] in Paroo Shire decreased by 8 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in the occupations of the resident workers (Other Services) between 2011 and 2016 in Paroo Shire.