Maranoa Regional Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers managers in Maranoa Regional Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA Darling Downs and South West Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Maranoa Regional Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||841||13.2||14.3||952||14.2||14.9||-111||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||544||8.6||11.3||510||7.6||10.0||+34||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||761||12.0||13.6||838||12.5||14.7||-77||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||585||9.2||6.9||694||10.3||7.3||-109||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||92||1.4||1.6||134||2.0||1.8||-42||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Maranoa Regional Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (1,456 people or 22.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (841 people or 13.2%)
- Labourers (824 people or 13.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 3,121 people in total or 49.1% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Queensland employed 12.1% in Managers; 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers; and 10.5% in Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Maranoa Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Managers (22.9% compared to 12.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (12.5% compared to 19.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (8.6% compared to 11.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Sales Workers (7.1% compared to 9.7%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Maranoa Regional Council area decreased by 367 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Maranoa Regional Council area were for those employed as:
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-111 people)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-109 people)
- Managers (-106 people)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-77 people)