RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
Local workers - Field of qualification - Manufacturing
Engineering and Related Technologies is the most common qualification for Manufacturing workers in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region.
Field of Qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to the current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the workforce;
- The type of qualification required to enter an industry;
- The availability of jobs related to fields of qualification in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region;
- The types of occupations which are available in an area or industry.
The fields of qualification held by local workers in a particular industry are likely to show the type of skills required in that industry. Large numbers of a particular field of qualification in an industry may indicate that it is a pre-requisite for that industry. The presence of fields of qualification outside the main range of qualifications used in that industry may indicate that the industry values employees of a broad educational background, or that people haven't been able to find employment in their chosen field.
Field of Qualification information should be looked at in conjunction with Level of qualification and Occupation data for a clearer picture of the skills available for the local workers in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers field of qualification - Summary|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - Manufacturing||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||67||0.92||1.55||74||0.78||1.26||-7|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||1,981||27.30||27.61||2,284||24.10||26.75||-303|
|Architecture and Building||230||3.16||3.68||293||3.09||3.96||-63|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||166||2.28||1.02||195||2.05||0.89||-29|
|Management and Commerce||556||7.66||10.74||558||5.88||8.19||-2|
|Society and Culture||166||2.28||2.39||136||1.43||1.62||+30|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||298||4.10||3.40||301||3.17||2.75||-3|
|Mixed Field Programmes||9||0.12||0.10||8||0.08||0.06||+1|
|Not stated or inadequately described||231||3.18||2.49||371||3.91||3.78||-140|
Analysis of the fields of qualifications of the Manufacturing shows that the three largest fields of qualification were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (1,981 people or 27.3%)
- Management and Commerce (556 people or 7.7%)
- Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (298 people or 4.1%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 2,835 people in total or39.1% of Manufacturing.
In comparison, Queensland employed 27.6% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 10.7% in Management and Commerce and 3.4% in Food, Hospitality and Personal Services.
The major differences between the fields of qualifications of the Manufacturing workforce in RDA Darling Downs and South West Region and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Management and Commerce (7.7% compared to 10.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (2.3% compared to 1.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Creative Arts (0.8% compared to 1.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers qualified in the field of Food, Hospitality and Personal Services (4.1% compared to 3.4%)
The largest changes in fields of qualifications of the Manufacturing workforce in RDA Darling Downs and South West Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Society and Culture (+30.00 local workers)
- Mixed Field Programmes (+1.00 local workers)
- Management and Commerce (-2.00 local workers)
- Education (-2.00 local workers)