RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
34.5% of All industries local workers in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region are employed part-time and 63.6% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||Number||%||Wholesale Trade%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||12,450||10.7||6.4||11,666||10.2||6.4||+784|
|16 hours - 24 hours||9,978||8.6||4.3||9,509||8.3||4.9||+469|
|25 hours - 34 hours||13,281||11.4||6.4||12,195||10.6||7.0||+1,086|
|35 hours - 39 hours||20,792||17.9||20.9||19,660||17.1||16.7||+1,132|
|41 hours - 48 hours||10,732||9.2||14.8||11,188||9.7||15.8||-456|
|49 hours or more||25,137||21.6||22.2||26,337||22.9||24.2||-1,200|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region in 2016 compared to the Wholesale Trade workforce within the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 34.5% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 63.6% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 19.4% and 79.6% respectively for the Wholesale Trade workforce within the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region and the Wholesale Trade workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (10.7% compared to 6.4%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.4% compared to 6.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (14.9% compared to 21.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (9.2% compared to 14.8%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-1,200 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+1,132 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,086 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+784 local workers)