Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
16.4% of local workers in Bulloo Shire are employed part-time and 80.8% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in RDA Darling Downs and South West Region across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. However this dataset is NOT available at the Local Government Area level, and had to be matched using a best fit of work destination zones (DZNs) to the current LGA boundaries. Bulloo Shire is one area for which there is no good match of 2011 DZNs to 2016 LGA boundaries, so there is no reasonable data comparison between 2011 and 2016 for this area. 2011 data has been turned off and is currently unavailable for comparison for Bulloo Shire.
|Local workers hours worked|
|Bulloo Shire - All industries||2016|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing %|
|1 hour - 15 hours||9||3.1||7.0||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||7||2.4||5.3||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||14||4.9||0.0||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||30||10.5||0.0||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||16||5.6||0.0||22007|
|49 hours or more||159||55.4||63.2||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in Bulloo Shire in 2016 compared to the Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing workforce within Bulloo Shire shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 16.4% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 80.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 21.1% and 71.9% respectively for the Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing workforce within Bulloo Shire.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in Bulloo Shire and the Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who 35 hours - 39 hours (10.5% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who 41 hours - 48 hours (5.6% compared to 0.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who 25 hours - 34 hours (4.9% compared to 0.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who 49 hours or more (55.4% compared to 63.2%)