Western Downs Regional Council area
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
30.1% of All industries local workers in the Western Downs Regional Council area are employed part-time and 67.8% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Western Downs Regional Council area across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Western Downs Regional Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,562||9.6||11.0||1,355||8.7||10.5||+207|
|16 hours - 24 hours||1,143||7.0||9.4||1,076||6.9||8.9||+67|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,504||9.3||12.0||1,431||9.2||10.9||+73|
|35 hours - 39 hours||2,085||12.8||19.3||1,805||11.6||18.3||+280|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,517||9.3||9.4||1,448||9.3||10.6||+69|
|49 hours or more||5,303||32.6||16.4||5,342||34.3||18.5||-39|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Western Downs Regional Council area in 2016 compared to Queensland within the Western Downs Regional Council area shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 30.1% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 67.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.9% and 62.3% respectively for Queensland within the Western Downs Regional Council area.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the Western Downs Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 25 hours - 34 hours (9.3% compared to 12.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (12.8% compared to 19.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (12.9% compared to 17.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (32.6% compared to 16.4%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the Western Downs Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+280 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+207 local workers)
- None (+104 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+73 local workers)