RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
Local workers - Qualifications - Other Services
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - Other Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||341||7.5||12.3||321||7.6||9.7||+20|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||399||8.8||11.5||319||7.5||9.3||+80|
|Certificate I and II Level||65||1.4||1.2||53||1.3||1.2||+12|
|Certificate III & IV Level||2,203||48.5||43.5||1,921||45.3||43.5||+282|
|Certificate Level, nfd||108||2.4||1.9||55||1.3||1.5||+53|
|Inadequately described or not stated||81||1.8||2.4||113||2.7||3.1||-32|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 68.6% of the workers (Other Services) who held educational qualifications, and 29.6% had no qualifications, compared with 70.4% and 27.2% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Other Services) of the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (48.5% compared to 43.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (7.5% compared to 12.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Other Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.8% compared to 11.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Other Services) with No qualification (29.6% compared to 27.2%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Other Services workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Level (+282 local workers)
- No qualification (-112 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+80 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+53 local workers)