Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Paroo Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||90||12.3||25.1||86||9.9||21.5||+4|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||81||11.1||10.9||65||7.5||9.3||+16|
|Certificate I and II Level||15||2.0||1.3||11||1.3||1.5||+4|
|Certificate III & IV Level||153||20.9||23.0||197||22.7||21.6||-44|
|Certificate Level, nfd||18||2.5||2.0||16||1.8||1.7||+2|
|Inadequately described or not stated||29||4.0||2.7||36||4.1||3.8||-7|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Paroo Shire in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 48.7% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 47.3% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Paroo Shire and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (12.3% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (47.3% compared to 35.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (20.9% compared to 23.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Inadequately described or not stated (4.0% compared to 2.7%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Paroo Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-111 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-44 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+16 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+4 local workers)