RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
Local workers - Qualifications - Financial and Insurance Services
In the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region, the Financial and Insurance Services workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - Financial and Insurance Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||605||24.9||33.0||541||20.8||27.5||+64|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||418||17.2||18.3||353||13.6||15.9||+65|
|Certificate I and II Level||37||1.5||1.2||61||2.3||1.7||-24|
|Certificate III & IV Level||438||18.0||12.8||387||14.9||11.6||+51|
|Certificate Level, nfd||60||2.5||2.3||55||2.1||2.1||+5|
|Inadequately described or not stated||48||2.0||2.0||39||1.5||2.9||+9|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 64.0% of the workers (Financial and Insurance Services) who held educational qualifications, and 34.0% had no qualifications, compared with 67.5% and 30.5% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce (Financial and Insurance Services) of the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Bachelor or Higher degree (24.9% compared to 33.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Certificate III & IV Level (18.0% compared to 12.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with No qualification (34.0% compared to 30.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers (Financial and Insurance Services) with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (17.2% compared to 18.3%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Financial and Insurance Services workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-336 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+65 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+64 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+51 local workers)