RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
Local workers - Qualifications - Arts and Recreation Services
In the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region, the Arts and Recreation Services workforce has a higher proportion with tertiary qualifications compared to the Wholesale Trade workforce.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. To provide this detail, RDA Darling Downs and South West Region in 2011 had to be constructed from a best fit of Work Destination Zones (DZNs). While it may not be an exact match to the LGA or region boundary, it is considered close enough to allow some comparison. Users should treat this time series data with caution, however, and not compare directly with 2011 data from any other source.
|Local workers qualifications|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - Arts and Recreation Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Wholesale Trade %||Number||%||Wholesale Trade %||2011 to 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||125||13.9||8.2||106||12.3||5.3||+19||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||102||11.4||7.7||79||9.2||5.6||+23||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||21||2.3||2.1||19||2.2||2.2||+2||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||215||24.0||29.1||176||20.4||23.4||+39||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||26||2.9||1.7||27||3.1||1.6||-1||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||14||1.6||2.1||22||2.6||3.9||-8||25009|
Analysis of the qualifications of the Arts and Recreation Services in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region in 2016 compared to the Wholesale Trade workforce within RDA Darling Downs and South West Region shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 30.5% of the Arts and Recreation Services held educational qualifications, and 43.9% had no qualifications, compared with 19.7% and 49.2% respectively for the Wholesale Trade workforce within RDA Darling Downs and South West Region.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region and the Wholesale Trade workforce were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (13.9% compared to 8.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (11.4% compared to 7.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualifications (43.9% compared to 49.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (24.0% compared to 29.1%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Certificate III & IV Levels (+39 local workers)
- No qualifications (-38 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (+23 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degrees (+19 local workers)