In the Bulloo Shire, the workforce has a higher proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Bulloo Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||22||7.7||25.1||34||9.8||21.5||-12|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||24||8.4||10.9||26||7.5||9.3||-2|
|Certificate I and II Level||6||2.1||1.3||4||1.2||1.5||+2|
|Certificate III & IV Level||112||39.2||23.0||79||22.8||21.6||+33|
|Certificate Level, nfd||5||1.7||2.0||6||1.7||1.7||-1|
|Inadequately described or not stated||10||3.5||2.7||14||4.0||3.8||-4|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Bulloo Shire in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 59.1% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 37.4% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Bulloo Shire and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (7.7% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (39.2% compared to 23.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (8.4% compared to 10.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (37.4% compared to 35.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Bulloo Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-76 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+33 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (-12 local workers)
- Certificate I and II Level (+2 local workers)