Goondiwindi Regional Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Goondiwindi Regional Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Goondiwindi Regional Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||757||15.9||25.1||684||13.8||21.5||+73|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||477||10.0||10.9||395||8.0||9.3||+82|
|Certificate I and II Level||67||1.4||1.3||74||1.5||1.5||-7|
|Certificate III & IV Level||1,042||21.9||23.0||978||19.7||21.6||+64|
|Certificate Level, nfd||115||2.4||2.0||91||1.8||1.7||+24|
|Inadequately described or not stated||161||3.4||2.7||220||4.4||3.8||-59|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Goondiwindi Regional Council area in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 51.6% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 45.0% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Goondiwindi Regional Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (45.0% compared to 35.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (15.9% compared to 25.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (21.9% compared to 23.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (10.0% compared to 10.9%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Goondiwindi Regional Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-373 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+82 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+73 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+64 local workers)