In the Quilpie Shire, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Quilpie Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||61||13.1||25.1||62||9.9||21.5||-1|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||33||7.1||10.9||47||7.5||9.3||-14|
|Certificate I and II Level||6||1.3||1.3||8||1.3||1.5||-2|
|Certificate III & IV Level||120||25.8||23.0||142||22.7||21.6||-22|
|Certificate Level, nfd||9||1.9||2.0||12||1.9||1.7||-3|
|Inadequately described or not stated||5||1.1||2.7||25||4.0||3.8||-20|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Quilpie Shire in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 49.2% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 49.7% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Quilpie Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (49.7% compared to 35.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (13.1% compared to 25.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (7.1% compared to 10.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (25.8% compared to 23.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Quilpie Shire between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-99 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (-22 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (-14 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (-3 local workers)