Local workers - Qualifications - Other Services
In Quilpie Shire, the Other Services workforce has a lower proportion with tertiary qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2016 – by place of work
Please note – The 2016 Census used a new methodology to “impute” a work location to people who didn’t state their workplace address. As a result, 2016 and 2011 place of work data are not normally comparable. To allow comparison between 2011 and 2016, .id has sourced a 2011 dataset from the ABS which was experimentally imputed using the same methodology. However this dataset is NOT available at the Local Government Area level, and had to be matched using a best fit of work destination zones (DZNs) to the current LGA boundaries. Quilpie Shire is one area for which there is no good match of 2011 DZNs to 2016 LGA boundaries, so there is no reasonable data comparison between 2011 and 2016 for this area. 2011 data has been turned off and is currently unavailable for comparison for Quilpie Shire.
|Local workers qualifications|
|Quilpie Shire - Other Services||2016|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland %|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||--||--||12.3||25001|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||--||--||11.5||25002|
|Certificate I and II Level||--||--||1.2||25005|
|Certificate III & IV Level||7||100.0||43.5||25006|
|Certificate Level, nfd||--||--||1.9||25007|
|Inadequately described or not stated||--||--||2.4||25009|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the qualifications of the Other Services in Quilpie Shire in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), as well as a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 0.0% of the Other Services held educational qualifications, and 0.0% had no qualifications, compared with 26.9% and 27.2% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the Other Services workforce in Quilpie Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Levels (100.0% compared to 43.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualifications (0.0% compared to 27.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degrees (0.0% compared to 12.3%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diplomas (0.0% compared to 11.5%)