In the Balonne Shire, 25.6% of workers were Managers, compared to 19.9% in Queensland.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Balonne Shire will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Balonne Shire;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Balonne Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||208||9.8||14.2||231||10.0||14.9||-23|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||197||9.3||11.4||181||7.8||10.0||+16|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||218||10.3||13.7||212||9.2||14.7||+6|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||170||8.0||6.9||269||11.6||7.3||-99|
|Inadequately described or not stated||31||1.5||1.6||51||2.2||1.8||-20|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the Balonne Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (542 local workers or 25.6%)
- Labourers (332 local workers or 15.7%)
- Professionals (266 local workers or 12.5%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,140 people in total or 53.8% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Queensland employed 12.1% as Managers; 10.6% as Labourers and 19.9% as Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the Balonne Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (25.6% compared to 12.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (12.5% compared to 19.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (15.7% compared to 10.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Technicians and Trades Workers (9.8% compared to 14.2%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the Balonne Shire between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-99 local workers)
- Managers (-81 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-23 local workers)
- Inadequately described or not stated (-20 local workers)