In the Paroo Shire, 34.0% of workers were Managers, compared to 19.9% in Queensland.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Paroo Shire will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Paroo Shire;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Paroo Shire - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||75||10.3||14.2||123||14.1||14.9||-48|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||66||9.1||11.4||68||7.8||10.0||-2|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||61||8.4||13.7||66||7.6||14.7||-5|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||50||6.9||6.9||109||12.5||7.3||-59|
|Inadequately described or not stated||19||2.6||1.6||21||2.4||1.8||-2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the Paroo Shire in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (247 local workers or 34.0%)
- Labourers (102 local workers or 14.0%)
- Professionals (79 local workers or 10.9%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 428 people in total or 58.9% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Queensland employed 12.1% as Managers; 10.6% as Labourers and 19.9% as Professionals.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the Paroo Shire and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (34.0% compared to 12.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (10.9% compared to 19.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (3.7% compared to 9.7%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (8.4% compared to 13.7%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the Paroo Shire between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-59 local workers)
- Labourers (-49 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-48 local workers)
- Managers (+13 local workers)