RDA Darling Downs and South West Region
Local workers - Occupations - Wholesale Trade
In the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region (Wholesale Trade), 23.1% of workers were Sales Workers, compared to 19.2% in Queensland.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|RDA Darling Downs and South West Region - Wholesale Trade||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||404||12.4||10.0||478||12.2||9.6||-74|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||--||0||0.5||7||0.2||0.3||--|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||490||15.0||16.9||563||14.3||17.7||-73|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||466||14.3||15.6||577||14.7||15.4||-111|
|Inadequately described or not stated||15||0.5||0.9||51||1.3||1.2||-36|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Sales Workers (756 local workers or 23.1%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (490 local workers or 15.0%)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (466 local workers or 14.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 1,712 people in total or 52.4% of the Wholesale Trade local workers.
In comparison, Queensland employed 19.2% as Sales Workers; 16.9% as Clerical and Administrative Workers and 15.6% as Machinery Operators And Drivers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Labourers (13.6% compared to 7.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Managers (14.2% compared to 18.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Sales Workers (23.1% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers(Wholesale Trade) employed as Professionals (7.0% compared to 10.6%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the Wholesale Trade workforce in the RDA Darling Downs and South West Region between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Labourers (-155 local workers)
- Sales Workers (-126 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (-111 local workers)
- Managers (-74 local workers)