Tatiara District Council area
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies in Tatiara District Council area than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Tatiara District Council area's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Tatiara District Council area or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Tatiara District Council area, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Tatiara District Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||23||0.7||2.1||18||0.5||1.9||+5||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||392||11.4||10.9||368||10.8||10.9||+24||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||81||2.4||3.6||84||2.5||3.3||-3||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||242||7.1||1.9||249||7.3||1.7||-7||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||293||8.5||12.9||228||6.7||11.4||+65||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||142||4.1||8.9||121||3.6||7.4||+21||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||109||3.2||3.6||105||3.1||3.4||+4||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||5||0.1||0.1||0||0.0||0.1||+5||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||116||3.4||2.5||106||3.1||3.3||+10||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Tatiara District Council area shows that the three largest fields the resident workers were qualified in were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (392 people or 11.4%)
- Management and Commerce (293 people or 8.5%)
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (242 people or 7.1%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 927 people in total or 27.0% of the resident workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 10.9% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 12.9% in Management and Commerce; and 1.9% in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers of Tatiara District Council area and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (7.1% compared to 1.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Society and Culture (4.1% compared to 8.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce (8.5% compared to 12.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Health (5.9% compared to 8.6%)
The number of resident workers in Tatiara District Council area increased by 27 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Tatiara District Council area was for those qualified in:
- Management and Commerce (+65 people)