Limestone Coast region
Resident workers - Hours worked
41.2% of the resident workers in the Limestone Coast region work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the Limestone Coast region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the Limestone Coast region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Limestone Coast region||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,767||12.6||12.8||3,758||12.5||12.0||+9||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,871||9.6||10.4||2,785||9.2||9.8||+86||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,727||12.5||13.1||3,301||10.9||11.7||+426||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||5,256||17.6||20.6||4,851||16.1||19.8||+405||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||2,878||9.6||9.2||3,037||10.1||10.2||-159||22007|
|49 hours or more||5,110||17.1||13.1||5,340||17.7||14.5||-230||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the Limestone Coast region's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 39.4% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 58.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the Limestone Coast region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (17.1% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (4.7% compared to 3.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (17.6% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.5% compared to 15.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the Limestone Coast region decreased by 329 people (1.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the Limestone Coast region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+426 people)
- None (-411 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+405 people)
- 40 hours (-345 people)