District Council of Grant
Resident workers - Hours worked
44.5% of the resident workers in District Council of Grant work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for District Council of Grant's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in District Council of Grant depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|District Council of Grant||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||505||13.1||12.8||502||12.7||12.0||+3||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||375||9.7||10.4||399||10.1||9.8||-24||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||476||12.3||13.1||450||11.4||11.7||+26||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||557||14.4||20.6||544||13.8||19.8||+13||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||358||9.3||9.2||384||9.7||10.2||-26||22007|
|49 hours or more||823||21.3||13.1||824||20.8||14.5||-1||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by District Council of Grant's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 39.5% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 58.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of District Council of Grant and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (21.3% compared to 13.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.4% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (13.9% compared to 15.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (12.3% compared to 13.1%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in District Council of Grant decreased by 27 people (1.2%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in District Council of Grant between 2011 and 2016 were:
- None (-54 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+26 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-26 people)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (-24 people)