District Council of Robe
Resident workers - Hours worked
38.6% of the resident workers in District Council of Robe work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for District Council of Robe's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in District Council of Robe depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|District Council of Robe||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||110||16.2||12.8||121||16.9||12.0||-11||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||66||9.7||10.4||61||8.5||9.8||+5||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||81||11.9||13.1||78||10.9||11.7||+3||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||94||13.9||20.6||70||9.8||19.8||+24||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||57||8.4||9.2||55||7.7||10.2||+2||22007|
|49 hours or more||122||18.0||13.1||142||19.9||14.5||-20||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by District Council of Robe's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 45.6% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 52.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of District Council of Robe and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.0% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked None (7.7% compared to 3.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (16.2% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (13.9% compared to 20.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in District Council of Robe decreased by 24 people (6.3%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in District Council of Robe between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 40 hours (-30 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+24 people)
- 49 hours or more (-20 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (-11 people)