Limestone Coast region
Local workers - Hours worked - Arts and Recreation Services
58.2% of Arts and Recreation Services local workers in the Limestone Coast region are employed part-time and 39.9% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Limestone Coast region across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Limestone Coast region - Arts and Recreation Services||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||51||32.3||26.9||49||34.5||24.0||+2|
|16 hours - 24 hours||14||8.9||11.6||15||10.6||11.4||-1|
|25 hours - 34 hours||27||17.1||14.3||10||7.0||13.2||+17|
|35 hours - 39 hours||23||14.6||14.4||18||12.7||15.2||+5|
|41 hours - 48 hours||4||2.5||6.3||3||2.1||7.7||+1|
|49 hours or more||22||13.9||9.6||16||11.3||10.5||+6|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the Limestone Coast region in 2016 compared to South Australia within the Limestone Coast region shows that there was a higher proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 58.2% of the Arts and Recreation Services workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 39.9% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 56.1% and 42.7% respectively for South Australia within the Limestone Coast region.
The major differences between the hours worked by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the Limestone Coast region and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (32.3% compared to 26.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (8.9% compared to 12.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 41 hours - 48 hours (2.5% compared to 6.3%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (13.9% compared to 9.6%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the Arts and Recreation Services workforce in the Limestone Coast region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+17 local workers)
- None (-9 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (+6 local workers)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+5 local workers)