Rural City of Murray Bridge
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers (All industries) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies in the Rural City of Murray Bridge than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the Rural City of Murray Bridge's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the Rural City of Murray Bridge or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the Rural City of Murray Bridge, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Rural City of Murray Bridge - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||52||0.6||2.1||44||0.5||1.9||+8|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||918||10.8||10.9||829||10.3||10.9||+89|
|Architecture and Building||217||2.6||3.6||226||2.8||3.3||-9|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||235||2.8||1.9||203||2.5||1.7||+32|
|Management and Commerce||865||10.2||12.9||679||8.5||11.4||+186|
|Society and Culture||733||8.6||8.9||493||6.1||7.4||+240|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||305||3.6||3.6||291||3.6||3.4||+14|
|Mixed Field Programmes||9||0.1||0.1||10||0.1||0.1||-1|
|Not stated or inadequately described||302||3.6||2.5||324||4.0||3.3||-22|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the Rural City of Murray Bridge shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (All industries) were qualified in were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (918 people or 10.8%)
- Management and Commerce (865 people or 10.2%)
- Society and Culture (733 people or 8.6%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 2,516 people in total or 29.7% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, South Australia employed 10.9% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 12.9% in Management and Commerce and 8.9% in Society and Culture.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers () of the Rural City of Murray Bridge and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Health (5.5% compared to 8.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce (10.2% compared to 12.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Education (3.8% compared to 5.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Natural and Physical Sciences (0.6% compared to 2.1%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the Rural City of Murray Bridge increased by 464 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (All industries) between 2011 and 2016 in the Rural City of Murray Bridge was for those qualified in:
- Society and Culture (+240 resident workers)
- Management and Commerce (+186 resident workers)
- Engineering and Related Technologies (+89 resident workers)
- Education (+79 resident workers)