Renmark Paringa Council area
Resident workers - Field of qualification
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among the Renmark Paringa Council area's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in the Renmark Paringa Council area or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of the Renmark Paringa Council area, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
- Excel full
- Word full
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Renmark Paringa Council area - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||46||1.1||2.1||43||1.0||1.9||+3|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||371||9.1||10.9||348||8.5||10.9||+23|
|Architecture and Building||119||2.9||3.6||98||2.4||3.3||+21|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||160||3.9||1.9||137||3.3||1.7||+23|
|Management and Commerce||369||9.1||12.9||335||8.1||11.4||+34|
|Society and Culture||306||7.5||8.9||233||5.7||7.4||+73|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||161||4.0||3.6||155||3.8||3.4||+6|
|Mixed Field Programmes||4||0.1||0.1||0||0||0.1||+4|
|Not stated or inadequately described||128||3.1||2.5||155||3.8||3.3||-27|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the field of qualifications in the Renmark Paringa Council area shows that the three largest fields the resident workers (All industries) were qualified in were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (371 people or 9.1%)
- Management and Commerce (369 people or 9.1%)
- Society and Culture (306 people or 7.5%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 1,046 people in total or 25.7% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, South Australia employed 10.9% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 12.9% in Management and Commerce and 8.9% in Society and Culture.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers () of the Renmark Paringa Council area and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Management and Commerce (9.1% compared to 12.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Health (5.8% compared to 8.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (3.9% compared to 1.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies (9.1% compared to 10.9%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the Renmark Paringa Council area decreased by 42 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the field of qualifications held by the resident workers (All industries) between 2011 and 2016 in the Renmark Paringa Council area was for those qualified in:
- Society and Culture (+73 resident workers)
- Management and Commerce (+34 resident workers)
- Health (+30 resident workers)
- Not stated or inadequately described (-27 resident workers)