Renmark Paringa Council area
Resident workers - Industry
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing employs more of Renmark Paringa Council area’s resident workforce than any other industry sector.
Industry sector data identifies the industries in which the residents of an area work either within the residing area or elsewhere. Comparing the industry sectors in which Renmark Paringa Council area residents are employed in the industry sectors that are located in Renmark Paringa Council area, indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents, or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Industry sector statistics in Renmark Paringa Council area are influenced by a range of factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available within commuting distance;
- The educational levels of the local population; and
- The working and social aspirations of the local population.
Industry sector data should be viewed in conjunction with Residents place of work.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers industry of employment|
|Renmark Paringa Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Industry (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Regional SA%||Number||%||Regional SA%||2011 to 2016|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||774||19.0||14.6||818||19.9||14.3||-44||25000||P|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||65||1.6||1.1||50||1.2||1.2||+15||28000||P|
|Accommodation and Food Services||310||7.6||6.7||292||7.1||6.8||+18||32000||P|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||159||3.9||4.1||163||4.0||4.3||-4||33000||P|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||38||0.9||0.6||42||1.0||0.7||-4||34000||P|
|Financial and Insurance Services||63||1.5||1.3||70||1.7||1.4||-7||35000||P|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||41||1.0||1.0||34||0.8||1.0||+7||36000||P|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||94||2.3||2.6||78||1.9||2.4||+16||37000||P|
|Administrative and Support Services||242||5.9||3.3||218||5.3||3.1||+24||38000||P|
|Public Administration and Safety||134||3.3||5.0||133||3.2||4.8||+1||39000||P|
|Education and Training||252||6.2||7.6||261||6.4||7.0||-9||40000||P|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||450||11.0||12.1||461||11.2||11.5||-11||41000||P|
|Arts and Recreation Services||18||0.4||0.8||33||0.8||0.8||-15||42000||P|
|Industry not classified||157||3.9||3.4||94||2.3||2.0||+63||44000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the jobs held by the resident workforce in Renmark Paringa Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular industry sectors were:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (774 people or 19.0%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (450 people or 11.0%)
- Retail Trade (420 people or 10.3%)
In combination these three industries employed 1,644 people in total or 40.4% of the total resident workforce.
In comparison, Regional SA employed 14.6% in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing; 12.1% in Health Care and Social Assistance; and 10.4% in Retail Trade.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workforce of Renmark Paringa Council area and Regional SA were:
- A larger percentage of resident workforce employed in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (19.0% compared to 14.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workforce employed in Administrative and Support Services (5.9% compared to 3.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Mining (0.6% compared to 2.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Public Administration and Safety (3.3% compared to 5.0%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the resident workforce between 2011 and 2016 in Renmark Paringa Council area were for those employed in:
- Wholesale Trade (-68 resident workforce)
- Industry not classified (+63 resident workforce)
- Retail Trade (-60 resident workforce)