District Council of Karoonda East Murray
Resident workers - Industry
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing employs more of the District Council of Karoonda East Murray's resident workforce than any other industry sector.
Industry sector data identifies the industries in which the residents of an area work either within the residing area or elsewhere. Comparing the industry sectors in which the District Council of Karoonda East Murray residents are employed in the industry sectors that are located in the District Council of Karoonda East Murray, indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents, or on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Industry sector statistics in the District Council of Karoonda East Murray are influenced by a range of factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available within commuting distance;
- The educational levels of the local population; and
- The working and social aspirations of the local population.
Industry sector data should be viewed in conjunction with Residents place of work.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers industry of employment|
|District Council of Karoonda East Murray - Persons||2016||2011||Change|
|Industry (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||District Council of Karoonda East Murray||Number||%||District Council of Karoonda East Murray||2011 - 2016|
|Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing||254||52.8||52.8||244||48.1||48.1||+10|
|Electricity, Gas, Water and Waste Services||0||0||0||5||1.0||1.0||-5|
|Accommodation and Food Services||5||1.0||1.0||9||1.8||1.8||-4|
|Transport, Postal and Warehousing||12||2.5||2.5||21||4.1||4.1||-9|
|Information Media and Telecommunications||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Financial and Insurance Services||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Rental, Hiring and Real Estate Services||3||0.6||0.6||0||0||0||+3|
|Professional, Scientific and Technical Services||8||1.7||1.7||6||1.2||1.2||+2|
|Administrative and Support Services||7||1.5||1.5||5||1.0||1.0||+2|
|Public Administration and Safety||12||2.5||2.5||13||2.6||2.6||-1|
|Education and Training||39||8.1||8.1||33||6.5||6.5||+6|
|Health Care and Social Assistance||46||9.6||9.6||57||11.2||11.2||-11|
|Arts and Recreation Services||0||0||0||0||0||0||--|
|Industry not classified||18||3.7||3.7||12||2.4||2.4||+6|
Analysis of the jobs held by the resident workforce in the District Council of Karoonda East Murray in 2016 shows the three most popular industry sectors were:
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (254 people or 52.8%)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (46 people or 9.6%)
- Education and Training (39 people or 8.1%)
In combination these three industries employed 339 people in total or 70.5% of the total resident workforce.
In comparison, District Council of Karoonda East Murray employed 52.8% in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing; 9.6% in Health Care and Social Assistance and 8.1% in Education and Training.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workforce of the District Council of Karoonda East Murray and District Council of Karoonda East Murray were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (52.8% compared to 52.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Manufacturing (1.0% compared to 1.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Construction (4.0% compared to 4.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workforce employed in Wholesale Trade (3.7% compared to 3.7%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the resident workforce between 2011 and 2016 in the District Council of Karoonda East Murray were for those employed in:
- Construction (+19 resident workforce)
- Wholesale Trade (-19 resident workforce)
- Health Care and Social Assistance (-11 resident workforce)
- Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing (+10 resident workforce)