District Council of Loxton Waikerie
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the District Council of Loxton Waikerie's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|District Council of Loxton Waikerie||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||613||12.3||13.4||595||11.6||14.1||+18|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||531||10.6||12.0||494||9.6||10.5||+37|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||529||10.6||13.3||503||9.8||14.4||+26|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||350||7.0||6.1||343||6.7||6.4||+7|
|Inadequately described or not stated||82||1.6||1.5||91||1.8||1.6||-9|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Managers (1,001 people or 20.0%)
- Labourers (904 people or 18.1%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (613 people or 12.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,518 people in total or 50.4% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, South Australia employed 12.6% in Managers; 11.1% in Labourers and 13.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the District Council of Loxton Waikerie and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (11.8% compared to 20.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Managers (20.0% compared to 12.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (18.1% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.6% compared to 13.3%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie decreased by 138 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie were those employed as:
- Labourers (-111 persons)
- Managers (-92 persons)
- Professionals (-38 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+37 persons)