Rural City of Murray Bridge
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Labourers in the Rural City of Murray Bridge than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the Rural City of Murray Bridge's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Rural City of Murray Bridge||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||1,132||13.4||13.4||1,090||13.6||14.1||+42|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||1,015||12.0||12.0||871||10.9||10.5||+144|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||854||10.1||13.3||898||11.2||14.4||-44|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||662||7.8||6.1||703||8.8||6.4||-41|
|Inadequately described or not stated||154||1.8||1.5||159||2.0||1.6||-5|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the Rural City of Murray Bridge in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (2,052 people or 24.2%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (1,132 people or 13.4%)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (1,015 people or 12.0%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 4,199 people in total or 49.5% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, South Australia employed 11.1% in Labourers; 13.4% in Technicians and Trades Workers and 12.0% in Community and Personal Service Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the Rural City of Murray Bridge and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (24.2% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (9.0% compared to 20.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.1% compared to 13.3%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (7.8% compared to 6.1%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the Rural City of Murray Bridge increased by 456 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Rural City of Murray Bridge were those employed as:
- Labourers (+239 persons)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+144 persons)
- Sales Workers (+134 persons)
- Managers (-51 persons)