District Council of Loxton Waikerie
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
39.6% of All industries local workers in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie are employed part-time and 58.6% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|District Council of Loxton Waikerie - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||527||11.8||12.8||523||11.4||12.0||+4|
|16 hours - 24 hours||464||10.3||10.4||471||10.2||9.9||-7|
|25 hours - 34 hours||612||13.6||13.1||586||12.7||11.8||+26|
|35 hours - 39 hours||734||16.4||20.6||617||13.4||20.0||+117|
|41 hours - 48 hours||369||8.2||9.2||480||10.4||10.4||-111|
|49 hours or more||760||16.9||13.0||875||19.0||14.5||-115|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie in 2016 compared to South Australia within the District Council of Loxton Waikerie shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 39.6% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 58.6% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.2% respectively for South Australia within the District Council of Loxton Waikerie.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.8% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (16.4% compared to 20.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (17.0% compared to 15.5%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (16.9% compared to 13.0%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+117 local workers)
- 49 hours or more (-115 local workers)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-111 local workers)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+26 local workers)