Rural City of Murray Bridge
Local workers - Hours worked - All industries
37.5% of All industries local workers in the Rural City of Murray Bridge are employed part-time and 60.7% are employed full-time.
Hours Worked statistics shows the distribution of employment hours in the Rural City of Murray Bridge across each industry sector. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in a particular industry depend on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work in the industry;
- The demands of jobs in the industry and requirement to work overtime;
- The age and family responsibilities of people working in the industry; and
- The gender profile of workers in the industry (due to family commitments, females are often more likely to work part-time).
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers hours worked, 2016|
|Rural City of Murray Bridge - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 - 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||1,063||11.8||12.8||921||10.9||12.0||+142|
|16 hours - 24 hours||861||9.6||10.4||754||8.9||9.9||+107|
|25 hours - 34 hours||1,108||12.3||13.1||1,086||12.9||11.8||+22|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,960||21.8||20.6||1,683||20.0||20.0||+277|
|41 hours - 48 hours||787||8.8||9.2||828||9.8||10.4||-41|
|49 hours or more||1,048||11.7||13.0||1,147||13.6||14.5||-99|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the hours worked by the workforce in the Rural City of Murray Bridge in 2016 compared to South Australia within the Rural City of Murray Bridge shows that there was a lower proportion who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion who worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 37.5% of the workforce worked part-time (34 hours or less) , and 60.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.2% respectively for South Australia within the Rural City of Murray Bridge.
The major differences between the hours worked by the workforce in the Rural City of Murray Bridge and South Australia were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 1 hour - 15 hours (11.8% compared to 12.8%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 35 hours - 39 hours (21.8% compared to 20.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers who worked 40 hours (18.5% compared to 15.5%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers who worked 49 hours or more (11.7% compared to 13.0%)
The largest changes in the hours worked by the All industries workforce in the Rural City of Murray Bridge between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+277 local workers)
- 40 hours (+261 local workers)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+142 local workers)
- 16 hours - 24 hours (+107 local workers)