Coorong District Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Coorong District Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to South Australia.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Coorong District Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||228||11.2||25.9||220||9.9||22.1||+8|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||185||9.1||10.6||157||7.1||9.4||+28|
|Certificate I and II Level||46||2.3||1.5||42||1.9||1.6||+4|
|Certificate III & IV Level||422||20.8||21.4||415||18.7||20.0||+7|
|Certificate Level, nfd||49||2.4||2.2||37||1.7||1.9||+12|
|Inadequately described or not stated||68||3.3||2.7||97||4.4||3.9||-29|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Coorong District Council area in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a higher proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 45.7% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 50.9% had no qualifications, compared with 61.5% and 35.8% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Coorong District Council area and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers with No qualification (50.9% compared to 35.8%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (11.2% compared to 25.9%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (9.1% compared to 10.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate I and II Level (2.3% compared to 1.5%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Coorong District Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-211 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+28 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+12 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+8 local workers)