Berri Barmera Council area
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the Berri Barmera Council area, 17.8% of workers were Professionals, compared to 20.2% in South Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the Berri Barmera Council area will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the Berri Barmera Council area;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|Berri Barmera Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||581||12.8||13.4||581||12.8||14.1||--|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||604||13.3||12.0||575||12.6||10.5||+29|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||573||12.6||13.4||623||13.7||14.4||-50|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||237||5.2||6.1||196||4.3||6.4||+41|
|Inadequately described or not stated||57||1.3||1.5||74||1.6||1.6||-17|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the Berri Barmera Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (808 local workers or 17.8%)
- Managers (633 local workers or 13.9%)
- Labourers (624 local workers or 13.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,065 people in total or 45.5% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, South Australia employed 20.2% as Professionals; 12.6% as Managers and 11.1% as Labourers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the Berri Barmera Council area and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (13.8% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (17.8% compared to 20.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (13.9% compared to 12.6%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (13.3% compared to 12.0%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the Berri Barmera Council area between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Managers (-63 local workers)
- Professionals (+53 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-50 local workers)
- Machinery Operators And Drivers (+41 local workers)