District Council of Loxton Waikerie
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the District Council of Loxton Waikerie, 21.4% of workers were Labourers, compared to 20.2% in South Australia.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|District Council of Loxton Waikerie - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia||Number||%||South Australia||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||532||11.8||13.4||502||10.9||14.1||+30|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||428||9.5||12.0||443||9.7||10.5||-15|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||455||10.1||13.4||405||8.8||14.4||+50|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||306||6.8||6.1||285||6.2||6.4||+21|
|Inadequately described or not stated||70||1.6||1.5||72||1.6||1.6||-2|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (960 local workers or 21.4%)
- Managers (943 local workers or 21.0%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (532 local workers or 11.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 2,435 people in total or 54.2% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, South Australia employed 11.1% as Labourers; 12.6% as Managers and 13.4% as Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (21.4% compared to 11.1%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Professionals (10.5% compared to 20.2%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Managers (21.0% compared to 12.6%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (10.1% compared to 13.4%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the District Council of Loxton Waikerie between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Managers (-128 local workers)
- Labourers (-53 local workers)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (+50 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+30 local workers)