Noosa Shire Council area
Resident workers - Hours worked
37.9% of the resident workers in Noosa Shire Council area work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for Noosa Shire Council area's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in Noosa Shire Council area depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|Noosa Shire Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||3,204||14.6||11.0||2,922||14.1||10.4||+282||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||2,535||11.5||9.4||2,473||11.9||8.8||+62||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||3,503||15.9||12.0||3,092||14.9||10.8||+411||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||3,275||14.9||19.2||3,005||14.5||18.1||+270||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||1,671||7.6||9.4||1,737||8.4||10.5||-66||22007|
|49 hours or more||3,390||15.4||16.6||3,355||16.2||18.4||+35||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by Noosa Shire Council area's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 45.5% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 52.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of Noosa Shire Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (15.9% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.6% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.9% compared to 19.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.9% compared to 17.2%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in Noosa Shire Council area increased by 638 people (5.8%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in Noosa Shire Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+411 people)
- 40 hours (+399 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+282 people)
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+270 people)