Noosa Shire Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Professionals in the Noosa Shire Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the Noosa Shire Council area's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Noosa Shire Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,410||15.5||14.3||3,159||15.2||14.9||+251|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,793||12.7||11.3||2,421||11.7||10.0||+372|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,505||11.4||13.6||2,527||12.2||14.7||-22|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||951||4.3||6.9||995||4.8||7.3||-44|
|Inadequately described or not stated||341||1.6||1.6||360||1.7||1.8||-19|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the Noosa Shire Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (4,150 people or 18.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (3,410 people or 15.5%)
- Managers (2,938 people or 13.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 10,498 people in total or 47.7% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Queensland employed 19.8% in Professionals; 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers and 12.1% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the Noosa Shire Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (4.3% compared to 6.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.4% compared to 13.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Sales Workers (11.4% compared to 9.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (12.7% compared to 11.3%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the Noosa Shire Council area increased by 1,250 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the Noosa Shire Council area were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+372 persons)
- Professionals (+346 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+251 persons)
- Labourers (+230 persons)