Noosa Shire Council area
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers professionals in Noosa Shire Council area than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA Sunshine Coast Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|Noosa Shire Council area||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||3,410||15.5||14.3||3,159||15.2||14.9||+251||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||2,793||12.7||11.3||2,421||11.7||10.0||+372||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||2,505||11.4||13.6||2,527||12.2||14.7||-22||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||951||4.3||6.9||995||4.8||7.3||-44||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||341||1.6||1.6||360||1.7||1.8||-19||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in Noosa Shire Council area in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (4,150 people or 18.9%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (3,410 people or 15.5%)
- Managers (2,938 people or 13.4%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 10,498 people in total or 47.7% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Queensland employed 19.8% in Professionals; 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers; and 12.1% in Managers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of Noosa Shire Council area and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Sales Workers (11.4% compared to 9.7%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (12.7% compared to 11.3%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (4.3% compared to 6.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.4% compared to 13.6%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in Noosa Shire Council area increased by 1,250 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Noosa Shire Council area were for those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+372 people)
- Professionals (+346 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+251 people)
- Labourers (+230 people)