RDA Sunshine Coast Region
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the RDA Sunshine Coast Region, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|RDA Sunshine Coast Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||29,985||22.9||25.1||22,100||19.1||21.5||+7,885|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||16,329||12.5||10.9||12,576||10.9||9.3||+3,753|
|Certificate I and II Level||1,828||1.4||1.3||1,972||1.7||1.5||-144|
|Certificate III & IV Level||31,426||24.0||23.0||26,022||22.5||21.6||+5,404|
|Certificate Level, nfd||3,068||2.3||2.0||2,232||1.9||1.7||+836|
|Inadequately described or not stated||3,527||2.7||2.7||4,805||4.2||3.8||-1,278|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the RDA Sunshine Coast Region in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 63.1% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 34.2% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the RDA Sunshine Coast Region and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (22.9% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (12.5% compared to 10.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (24.0% compared to 23.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (34.2% compared to 35.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the RDA Sunshine Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+7,885 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+5,404 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+3,753 local workers)
- No qualification (-1,084 local workers)