Sunshine Coast Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Sunshine Coast Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Sunshine Coast Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||25,698||23.2||25.1||18,368||19.2||21.5||+7,330|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||13,774||12.4||10.9||10,312||10.8||9.3||+3,462|
|Certificate I and II Level||1,566||1.4||1.3||1,631||1.7||1.5||-65|
|Certificate III & IV Level||26,620||24.0||23.0||21,731||22.7||21.6||+4,889|
|Certificate Level, nfd||2,562||2.3||2.0||1,824||1.9||1.7||+738|
|Inadequately described or not stated||2,928||2.6||2.7||3,919||4.1||3.8||-991|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Sunshine Coast Council area in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 63.3% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 34.0% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Sunshine Coast Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (23.2% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (12.4% compared to 10.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (24.0% compared to 23.0%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers with No qualification (34.0% compared to 35.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Sunshine Coast Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+7,330 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+4,889 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+3,462 local workers)
- Certificate Level, nfd (+738 local workers)