Noosa Shire Council area
Local workers - Qualifications - All industries
In the Noosa Shire Council area, the workforce has a lower proportion with University qualifications compared to Queensland.
Qualification levels help to evaluate the economic opportunities and socio-economic status of local workers in a particular industry.
The level of qualifications in a workforce relate to a number of factors including:
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry;
- The professional or working ambitions of people (to seek education as youth or retraining as adults);
- The opportunities afforded to people to continue studying beyond compulsory schooling.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers qualifications|
|Noosa Shire Council area - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Qualification level||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Bachelor or Higher degree||4,287||21.3||25.1||3,732||18.9||21.5||+555|
|Advanced Diploma or Diploma||2,555||12.7||10.9||2,264||11.4||9.3||+291|
|Certificate I and II Level||262||1.3||1.3||341||1.7||1.5||-79|
|Certificate III & IV Level||4,806||23.9||23.0||4,291||21.7||21.6||+515|
|Certificate Level, nfd||506||2.5||2.0||408||2.1||1.7||+98|
|Inadequately described or not stated||599||3.0||2.7||886||4.5||3.8||-287|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
Analysis of the qualifications of the in the Noosa Shire Council area in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion holding formal qualifications (Bachelor or higher degree; Advanced Diploma or Diploma; or Vocational qualifications), and a lower proportion with no formal qualifications.
Overall, 61.7% of the workers who held educational qualifications, and 35.4% had no qualifications, compared with 62.3% and 35.0% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the qualifications held by the workforce of the Noosa Shire Council area and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers with Bachelor or Higher degree (21.3% compared to 25.1%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Advanced Diploma or Diploma (12.7% compared to 10.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate III & IV Level (23.9% compared to 23.0%)
- A larger percentage of local workers with Certificate Level, nfd (2.5% compared to 2.0%)
The largest changes in the qualifications held by the workforce in the Noosa Shire Council area between 2011 and 2016 were:
- No qualification (-740 local workers)
- Bachelor or Higher degree (+555 local workers)
- Certificate III & IV Level (+515 local workers)
- Advanced Diploma or Diploma (+291 local workers)