RDA Sunshine Coast Region
Local workers - Occupations - All industries
In the RDA Sunshine Coast Region, 19.4% of workers were Professionals, compared to 19.9% in Queensland.
Occupation is a key component for evaluating the socio-economic status of the local workers and the skills required to work in each industry sector.
The occupations of the local workers in the RDA Sunshine Coast Region will be influenced by factors including:
- The economic base and employment opportunities available in the RDA Sunshine Coast Region;
- The age of the workforce;
- The skill and qualification level required to enter an industry; and
- The working and social aspirations of the population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 (experimental imputed) & 2016 – by place of work
|Local workers occupations|
|RDA Sunshine Coast Region - All industries||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||18,483||14.1||14.2||16,238||14.0||14.9||+2,245|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||16,788||12.8||11.4||13,350||11.5||10.0||+3,438|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||18,128||13.8||13.7||17,055||14.8||14.7||+1,073|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||5,606||4.3||6.9||5,308||4.6||7.3||+298|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,895||1.4||1.6||1,801||1.6||1.8||+94|
Please refer to specific data notes for more information
An analysis of the jobs held by the All industries workforce in the RDA Sunshine Coast Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Professionals (25,349 local workers or 19.4%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (18,483 local workers or 14.1%)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (18,128 local workers or 13.8%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 61,960 people in total or 47.3% of the All industries local workers.
In comparison, Queensland employed 19.9% as Professionals; 14.2% as Technicians and Trades Workers and 13.7% as Clerical and Administrative Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the workforce in the RDA Sunshine Coast Region and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (4.3% compared to 6.9%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Sales Workers (12.2% compared to 9.7%)
- A larger percentage of local workers employed as Community and Personal Service Workers (12.8% compared to 11.4%)
- A smaller percentage of local workers employed as Labourers (10.0% compared to 10.6%)
The largest changes in the jobs held by the workforce in the RDA Sunshine Coast Region between 2011 and 2016 were those employed as:
- Professionals (+4,236 local workers)
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+3,438 local workers)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (+2,245 local workers)
- Managers (+1,414 local workers)