District Council of Elliston
Resident workers - Hours worked
53.7% of the resident workers in District Council of Elliston work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for District Council of Elliston's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in District Council of Elliston depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|District Council of Elliston||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||58||11.7||12.8||53||10.2||12.0||+5||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||47||9.5||10.4||41||7.9||9.8||+6||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||58||11.7||13.1||53||10.2||11.7||+5||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||34||6.9||20.6||37||7.1||19.8||-3||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||32||6.5||9.2||46||8.8||10.2||-14||22007|
|49 hours or more||156||31.5||13.1||169||32.4||14.5||-13||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by District Council of Elliston's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a lower proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a higher proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 37.6% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 60.6% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of District Council of Elliston and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (31.5% compared to 13.1%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (6.9% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (6.5% compared to 9.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (11.7% compared to 13.1%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in District Council of Elliston decreased by 37 people (11.0%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in District Council of Elliston between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-14 people)
- 49 hours or more (-13 people)
- None (-7 people)
- 40 hours (-7 people)