District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula
Resident workers - Hours worked
41.9% of the resident workers in District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||327||12.9||12.8||288||12.3||12.0||+39||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||287||11.3||10.4||262||11.2||9.8||+25||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||321||12.7||13.1||274||11.7||11.7||+47||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||378||14.9||20.6||296||12.6||19.8||+82||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||229||9.0||9.2||224||9.6||10.2||+5||22007|
|49 hours or more||461||18.2||13.1||497||21.2||14.5||-36||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 41.3% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 56.8% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 49 hours or more (18.2% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 16 hours - 24 hours (11.3% compared to 10.4%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (14.9% compared to 20.6%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (14.7% compared to 15.5%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula increased by 73 people (5.3%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in District Council of Lower Eyre Peninsula between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 35 hours - 39 hours (+82 people)
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+47 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+39 people)
- 49 hours or more (-36 people)