City of Port Lincoln
Resident workers - Hours worked
36.0% of the resident workers in City of Port Lincoln work 40 or more hours, compared to 37.7% in South Australia.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for City of Port Lincoln's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in City of Port Lincoln depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|City of Port Lincoln||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||857||14.0||12.8||729||11.4||12.0||+128||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||655||10.7||10.4||662||10.3||9.8||-7||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||886||14.4||13.1||848||13.2||11.7||+38||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||1,145||18.7||20.6||1,126||17.6||19.8||+19||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||599||9.8||9.2||690||10.8||10.2||-91||22007|
|49 hours or more||789||12.9||13.1||944||14.7||14.5||-155||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by City of Port Lincoln's resident workers in 2016 compared to South Australia shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 43.3% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 54.7% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 40.1% and 58.3% respectively for South Australia.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of City of Port Lincoln and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (14.4% compared to 13.1%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (14.0% compared to 12.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (13.4% compared to 15.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 35 hours - 39 hours (18.7% compared to 20.6%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in City of Port Lincoln decreased by 309 people (8.4%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in City of Port Lincoln between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 49 hours or more (-155 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+128 people)
- None (-105 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-91 people)