RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region
Resident workers - Hours worked
39.3% of the resident workers in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region work 40 or more hours, compared to 43.2% in Queensland.
Hours worked shows the distribution of employment hours for the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region's residents. Full-time employment is considered 35-hours and over.
The hours worked by employed people in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region depends on a number of factors:
- The availability and take-up of part-time work;
- The industry sector in which they work;
- The occupation level and requirement or opportunity to work overtime, and;
- The age structure and household structure of the working population.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers hours worked|
|RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Hours worked||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|1 hour - 15 hours||12,253||12.3||11.0||11,581||11.6||10.4||+672||22002|
|16 hours - 24 hours||9,989||10.0||9.4||9,408||9.4||8.8||+581||22003|
|25 hours - 34 hours||14,169||14.2||12.0||12,979||13.0||10.8||+1,190||22004|
|35 hours - 39 hours||18,191||18.2||19.2||18,015||18.0||18.1||+176||22005|
|41 hours - 48 hours||8,123||8.1||9.4||8,802||8.8||10.5||-679||22007|
|49 hours or more||17,366||17.4||16.6||18,498||18.5||18.4||-1,132||22008|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the hours worked by the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region's resident workers in 2016 compared to Queensland shows that there was a higher proportion of people who worked part-time (34 hours or less) and a lower proportion of people worked full-time (35 hours or more).
Overall, 40.3% of the resident workers worked part-time (34 hours or less), and 57.5% worked full-time (35 hours or more), compared with 35.8% and 62.4% respectively for Queensland.
The major differences between the hours worked by the resident workers of the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 25 hours - 34 hours (14.2% compared to 12.0%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers worked 1 hour - 15 hours (12.3% compared to 11.0%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 40 hours (13.8% compared to 17.2%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers worked 41 hours - 48 hours (8.1% compared to 9.4%)
From 2011 to 2016, the number of the resident workers working full-time (35 hours or more) in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region decreased by 1,836 people (3.1%).
The largest changes in hours worked by the resident workers in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region between 2011 and 2016 were:
- 25 hours - 34 hours (+1,190 people)
- 49 hours or more (-1,132 people)
- 41 hours - 48 hours (-679 people)
- 1 hour - 15 hours (+672 people)