RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers (All industries) Labourers in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland||Number||%||Queensland||2011 - 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||14,313||14.3||14.3||14,875||14.9||14.9||-562|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||12,575||12.6||11.3||11,071||11.1||10.0||+1,504|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||11,493||11.5||13.6||12,262||12.2||14.7||-769|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||8,212||8.2||6.9||8,532||8.5||7.3||-320|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,625||1.6||1.6||1,748||1.7||1.8||-123|
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (14,754 people or 14.8%)
- Professionals (14,365 people or 14.4%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (14,313 people or 14.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 43,432 people in total or 43.5% of the resident workers (All industries).
In comparison, Queensland employed 10.5% in Labourers; 19.8% in Professionals and 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers (All industries) of the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region and Queensland were:
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Professionals (14.4% compared to 19.8%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Labourers (14.8% compared to 10.5%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.5% compared to 13.6%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers (All industries) employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (8.2% compared to 6.9%)
The number of resident workers (All industries) in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region decreased by 279 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest change in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region were those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,504 persons)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-769 persons)
- Professionals (+566 persons)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-562 persons)