RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region
Resident workers - Occupations of employment
There are more resident workers labourers in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region than any other occupation.
Occupations are a key component in evaluating the knowledge, experience and skill-levels that industry can draw upon locally. It should be viewed with other indicators, such as Age structure, Qualifications, and Income for a comprehensive analysis of RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region's local resident workers.
When comparing the occupations of local resident workers with local workers, Occupation data indicates whether an economy draws on the skills offered by its own residents or relies on a different set of skills imported from elsewhere in the region.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers occupations|
|RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region||2016||2011||Change|
|Occupations (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||Queensland%||Number||%||Queensland%||2011 to 2016|
|Technicians and Trades Workers||14,313||14.3||14.3||14,875||14.9||14.9||-562||27000||P|
|Community and Personal Service Workers||12,575||12.6||11.3||11,071||11.1||10.0||+1,504||28000||P|
|Clerical and Administrative Workers||11,493||11.5||13.6||12,262||12.2||14.7||-769||29000||P|
|Machinery Operators And Drivers||8,212||8.2||6.9||8,532||8.5||7.3||-320||31000||P|
|Inadequately described or not stated||1,625||1.6||1.6||1,748||1.7||1.8||-123||33000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
An analysis of the jobs held by the resident workers in RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region in 2016 shows the three most popular occupations were:
- Labourers (14,754 people or 14.8%)
- Professionals (14,365 people or 14.4%)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (14,313 people or 14.3%)
In combination these three occupations accounted for 43,432 people in total or 43.5% of the resident workers .
In comparison, Queensland employed 10.5% in Labourers; 19.8% in Professionals; and 14.3% in Technicians and Trades Workers.
The major differences between the jobs held by the resident workers of the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region and Queensland were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Labourers (14.8% compared to 10.5%)
- A larger percentage of resident workers employed as Machinery Operators And Drivers (8.2% compared to 6.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Professionals (14.4% compared to 19.8%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers employed as Clerical and Administrative Workers (11.5% compared to 13.6%)
The number of people in the resident workers ] in RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region decreased by 279 between 2011 and 2016.
The largest changes in the occupations of the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in the RDA Wide Bay Burnett Region were for those employed as:
- Community and Personal Service Workers (+1,504 people)
- Clerical and Administrative Workers (-769 people)
- Professionals (+566 people)
- Technicians and Trades Workers (-562 people)