Regional Council of Goyder
Resident workers - Field of qualification
There are more resident workers qualified in Engineering and Related Technologies in Regional Council of Goyder than in any other field.
Field of qualification presents the primary field of study for the highest qualification the person has received. While this is likely to have some relationship to their current occupation, this is not necessarily the case.
The presence of specific qualifications among Regional Council of Goyder's resident workforce, which are not used by local industry, may indicate an opportunity for a new industry to move into the area and access a ready labour force.
The field of study relates to a number of factors, such as:
- The age of the population;
- The types of industries and occupations located in Regional Council of Goyder or within commuting distance, and their qualification requirements;
- The availability of educational institutions with those curricula nearby;
- The socio-economic status of Regional Council of Goyder, and;
- The mobility of the population to move where particular skills are required.
Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS) – Census 2011 and 2016 – by usual residence
|Resident workers field of qualification|
|Regional Council of Goyder||2016||2011||Change|
|Field of qualification (Click rows to view sub-categories)||Number||%||South Australia%||Number||%||South Australia%||2011 to 2016|
|Natural and Physical Sciences||14||0.8||2.1||19||1.1||1.9||-5||30000||P|
|Engineering and Related Technologies||166||9.9||10.9||167||9.4||10.9||-1||50000||P|
|Architecture and Building||32||1.9||3.6||30||1.7||3.3||+2||60000||P|
|Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies||143||8.5||1.9||125||7.1||1.7||+18||70000||P|
|Management and Commerce||116||6.9||12.9||119||6.7||11.4||-3||91000||P|
|Society and Culture||97||5.8||8.9||99||5.6||7.4||-2||92000||P|
|Food, Hospitality and Personal Services||45||2.7||3.6||50||2.8||3.4||-5||94000||P|
|Mixed Field Programmes||0||0.0||0.1||0||0.0||0.1||0||95000||P|
|Not stated or inadequately described||61||3.6||2.5||59||3.3||3.3||+2||96000||P|
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics, Census of Population and Housing (opens a new window) 2011 and 2016. Compiled and presented by .id (opens a new window), the population experts.
Analysis of the field of qualifications in Regional Council of Goyder shows that the three largest fields the resident workers were qualified in were:
- Engineering and Related Technologies (166 people or 9.9%)
- Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (143 people or 8.5%)
- Management and Commerce (116 people or 6.9%)
In combination these three fields accounted for 425 people in total or 25.4% of the resident workers .
In comparison, South Australia employed 10.9% in Engineering and Related Technologies; 1.9% in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies; and 12.9% in Management and Commerce.
The major differences between the field of qualifications held by the resident workers of Regional Council of Goyder and South Australia were:
- A larger percentage of resident workers qualified in Agriculture, Environmental and Related Studies (8.5% compared to 1.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Management and Commerce (6.9% compared to 12.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Society and Culture (5.8% compared to 8.9%)
- A smaller percentage of resident workers qualified in Health (6.3% compared to 8.6%)
The number of resident workers in Regional Council of Goyder decreased by 96 between 2011 and 2016.
There were no major changes in field of qualifications held by the resident workers between 2011 and 2016 in Regional Council of Goyder.